Thursday, December 2, 2010 | By: Not Just Scrap

Computer is back!

For those of you that haven't heard, my main business computer died on Sunday. Of course it is an older computer running the Unix operating system so parts are not available.  Thank God I didn't throw out an old computer still in the store that wasn't being used about the same age. Just last week I asked my sister if I should toss it and she convinced me to hold on to it for a while.  Thank you Sherie.  I'm a tosser, if I haven't used it in two years it is out the window.  Sherie is a keeper.

Of course it had to be the motherboard, which is a computers heart. Yesterday I was like a mad scientist.  I had 2 computers on the tables and all their parts pulled out of them.  I managed to rebuild a computer with mixed guts.  Motherboard from this one, hard drive, cables and network card from that one,  and voila!  All is right in the universe for the time being.:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment